At Tenmoku Pottery, we would like to assure you that we take your information and privacy very seriously. The following is a description of what we do and don't do with your details.
Information you provide us
For Tenmoku Pottery to process your order, we need information such as your name, email or contact number, delivery address and payment details. Other information will also be collected with your permission from time to time. This will normally include preferences such as likes or dislikes.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser.
- Cookies enable our systems to recognize your browser and welcome you back to the Store.
- By disabling cookies, you will not be able to participate in some of the features offered by Tenmoku Pottery.
- Most Internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to disable or to warn you when cookies are used. As there are many browsers in the marketplace, the easiest way to change your settings is by searching for Cookies in your Help/Contents and Index option on your browser.
- We recommend that you leave your Cookies enabled otherwise, you will not be able to shop with us.
- Our Cookies don't send us back any information about your computer or any other information on your hard drive.
How do we use the information?
Information that you have provided us will be used in three ways:
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To communicate to you new products and services and also at times, the opportunity to up take on special promotions or offers. You have the option to opt-out of this communication by replying to the communication with an unsubscribe message or to change your preferences through Member Services.
- To generate a holistic but anonymous view of the Tenmoku Pottery customer base. This information will allow us to analyze trends and demographics to help Tenmoku Pottery improve on the services provided.
- It is important to note that we only send periodical communications to people who have "opted in" to receive it. We do not spam our members in any way and honor their right to privacy.
Disclosing Your Information
Third party companies and individuals have been engaged to perform functions on behalf of Tenmoku Pottery. Functions such as fulfilling and delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorization, trend analysis, marketing and promotions, but all information will only be used to perform their appropriate functions and not for other usage.
Tenmoku Pottery will pass on any information relating to suspected fraudulent activity to appropriate authorities
With organizations that we operate but do not own, your information will be shared with that business. Please note, that we only go into partnerships with stores who have the same regard to Privacy as we do.
From time to time we provide statistical information about sales, trading patterns and navigation techniques to reputable third parties. This may comprise data collected about you and other users to form aggregate results. However, we will not provide any direct personal information that identifies you as our customer.
We do use various details to verify information given to us by our members. At times, we use:
- Names on member accounts to compare with information on credit cards
- We use member phone numbers and email addresses provided to us to communicate with customers about payments
- We use member addresses to check against credit card billing addresses etc .
- In cases where fraud or other crime is suspected, we do communicate with Police, Banks and other relevant authorities
- Many of these checks are done manually and communication is handled carefully by a member of Tenmoku Pottery’s own Customer Service Team.
- Lost login and Password details
All information is kept private. Many members often forget details such as their passwords. We do distribute these via email.
- All information submitted to Tenmoku Pottery is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software.
- Information sitting on the Tenmoku Pottery website is protected by state-of-the-art encryption and firewall technology
Accessing Your Information
- Personal information provided by you can be viewed and changed by you if information provided is incorrect or out of date.
- Tenmoku Pottery provides you with the following tools to manage your information, the tools will evolve as the Tenmoku Pottery website evolves:
- Personal Profiles
- Address Book
- Order History
- If you need more assistance you can always contact our Customer Service Team on (phone number/ email address).
It is important that any information provided or purchases made by children have the consent of parents or guardians.
Other Privacy information you should be aware of
Sign out or close your browser once you have finished shopping within Tenmoku Pottery or partner stores. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
If you share a computer with someone or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café, you as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your computer.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet and Tenmoku Pottery.
A Tenmoku Pottery member may not have more than one active membership, whether this is by use of name, email address, an alias or combination thereof. If you breach this condition, you may be liable for the recovery of any benefits obtained this way, such as gift vouchers, promotional benefits and the value therein.
Membership accounts are non-transferable. You may update, edit or terminate your membership account at any time. You agree to maintain and update the information as supplied by yourself to ensure accuracy at all times.
As a Tenmoku Pottery member, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own membership account and password. You agree to take responsibility for all activities that occur under your membership account and password.